The Winton Club
The Winton Club was first founded in 1913. The first building was a rented cottage, which burnt down in 1916. A new building was erected, with various additions happening over the years.
It was here in the visitor’s room that the first official Board Meeting of QANTAS Ltd was held on February 9th, 1921.
The Club was again burnt down in 1943. The majority of the building was saved and until 1955, various rooms and facilities were added.
The Winton Club was initially for the local graziers, but as years progressed, property management changed, employing less staff to operate a property, and therefore graziers has less time to enjoy the Winton Club. The popularity of the Club slowly declined to present day, with the Club holding various functions, including weekly and monthly meetings and activities.