The Winton Historic Cemetery was established in around 1876, with records starting around the 17th June 1881. There are in excess of 150 burials in unmarked graves. In 1929, a special area was allocated for the interment of ex-servicemen and women, with the first burial taking place on June 7th, 1929.
The lawn cemetery was established in 2002, with the first burial taking place on November 22nd of that year.
The Winton Historic Cemetery is situated in Cork Street at the end of town.
For a self-guided walking tour of the Cemetery, pick up a guide from the Visitor Information Centre.
Download the Winton Shire Full Cemetery Register - Sorted by Cemetery - Section - Row - Plot Number (2.23 MB)
Download the Winton Shire Full Cemetery Register - Sorted by Last Name - First Name (2.23 MB)