- Check routes and road conditions before you leave
- Ensure you vehicle is mechanically sound
- Carry enough fuel to complete your journey
- Ensure you carry enough food and water
- Advise people of your intended route
- If you break down, stay with your vehicle - a vehicle is much easier to find than a person
- Please respect our environment and take your rubbish with you
Road Conditions Update - 25/10/2010
- Winton - Kynuna: Open all vehicles
- Winton - Longreach: Open all vehicles
- Winton - Hughenden: Open all vehicles (Ongoing Road Construction 123km – 150km north of Winton)
- Winton - Richmond: Open all vehicles
- Winton - Boulia: Open all vehicles
- Winton - Jundah: Open all vehicles
Road reports are issued for the safety of all members of the travelling public, and Winton Shire Council asks for your cooperation. Next report will be issued when conditions change. Contact: David Timms, Winton Shire Council Engineer, 0429 231 438.
Please check with the National Parks Office for conditions of roads within the National Parks. Western Region Office (QPWS, DERM) - 07 4650 1990.
Road Conditions Update
All Winton Shire Roads are open and accessible by all vehicles until a further notice has been issued.
Please check with the National Parks Office for conditions of roads within the national parks.