Winton Neighbourhood Centre:
What We Do...
Central West Community Options aims to assist frail aged and disabled and their carers and special needs groups, who need basic services to live in the community. Our services aide those to reside in their own homes in an attempt to prevent premature admission into nursing homes or other long term residential care.
We provide services under the Home & Community Care (HACC) Program and the Department of Health and Ageing; Community Aged Care Packages.
Central West Community Options Program service the townships of Winton, Isisford and Muttaburra, as well as remote clients in the regional Shires of Barcaldine, Blackall and Longreach.
- Domestic Assistance: Assistance with household jobs like cleaning, washing and ironing. (fees apply)
- Personal Care: Help with bathing, dressing, eating and other personal tasks.
Is available to assist clients with visits to allied health services, for leisure activities and essential shopping. (gold coin donation)
Such as lawn mowing, minor modifications around the home such as changing light bulbs, taking down curtains etc. (fees apply)
- Social Support: Include home visits to isolated clients, help with shopping and banking and attendance at social events.
- Equipment: Some mobility aids are available on short term loan for clients.
- Meals on Wheels and Food Preparation: Meals may be delivered to your home and snacks prepared for you. (fees apply)
- Nursing Care: Wound care, palliative care, aids and assistance with medication. (fees may apply)
- Other Services: We have resource material and information regarding other services in region.
All prospective clients need to be assessed for eligibility.
Clients are generally required to pay a fee for services.
You will not be refused services if you are unable to pay.
Some services are unavailable in some areas.
Other leaflets available from our office are:-
- Aged Care Complaints Investigation Scheme
- Clients Rights and Responsibilities
- Advocacy Services
|Contact Details|| || |
| Vanessa Howard|
Health Services Coordinator
(07) 4657 1735
| Suzie Dwyer|
(07) 4657 1735
(07) 4657 0000
All our clients have the right to Privacy and Confidentiality
Central West Community Options is funded by an auspice body (Winton Shire Council).
Little Swaggies Child Care Centre:
Children of the community are catered for by The Little Swaggies, an extended hours child care centre. To contact the Childcare Centre phone (07) 4657 1522.
Winton 60s and Better:
The Winton Sixty and Better can be contacted on (07) 4657 1753.